Adventure Shop Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch Adventure Shop believes that one should experience South Africa and not just see it. Their carefully designed private tours and itineraries are build around adventures and experiences at destinations they love to visit.
E-Bike Tour: Stellenbosch to Franschhoek
This unique E-Bike tour meanders through some of the best Wineland scenery in South Africa. E-bike from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Meet local people and taste some of the great cuisine this region has to offer.
- Start at 9:00 from the AdventureShop office in Stellenbosch
- Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
- Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
- Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
- Get a chance to spot Eland and Blue Wildebeest as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the
- Banhoek Conservancy.
- Enjoy lunch and wine tasting on a Franschhoek Wine estate
- Have time to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
- Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle
What to bring
- Bring your own cycling pants (gel seats on request)
- Water bottle – We are striving to be environmentally friendly and want to cut down on plastic bottles. Free water fountain in the office available to fill up with water, please just bring your own bottle. Aluminium water bottles for sale at office
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Warm jacket if it is a cool or rainy day
- Distance: Approximately 40km
- Elevation: Approximately 867m
- Road: Mostly jeep track and MTB trails, approximately 15 km of tar road
- Ride duration: Approximately 4 hours
- R 1 950 per person, which includes:
- Mouth watering lunch on a wine estate in Franschhoek
- Wine tasting
- Time to explore Franschhoek
- Transport back to Stellenbosch in afternoon.
- (Transport to Cape Town can also be arranged at a nominal extra fee)