Website Privacy Statement
Contact the Information Officer
If you have any requests or complaints about personal information we process about you and your access to that information, you may contact our Information Officer, William Stephens: [email protected]
- Some information about your website usage may be collected automatically by accessing and using this website, and other information may be processed by us after you have voluntarily consented to share it with us.
- We are bound by conditions for the lawful processing of (personal) information as set out by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), and by conditions for accessing this information as set out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
- Personal information is information by which you or a juristic person may be identified.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT WITH YOUR CONSENT – We may collect some information about how you interact with our website by means of cookies, to which you may consent or object in the Cookie Settings.
- INFORMATION YOU SHARE VOLUNTARILY – If you voluntarily share personal information with us, you consent to our collection and usage of that information for the purpose we or you indicated at the time of the collection or the sharing, under conditions set out in this Privacy Statement.
- If we want to use your personal information for any other purpose, or share it with third parties, we will ask you before we do, and you may refuse.
- You warrant that all personal information provided by you is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Section 18 POPIA notification
- RESPONSIBLE PARTY – The responsible party is Cape Country Routes NPC Reg Nr: 2003/031124/08 and may be contacted at [email protected], or at Lutz Building, 11 Victoria Street, Stellenbosch, 7600; (k) PURPOSE – We use the personal information you provide when you contact us to identify you and to reply to your specific query only. We use the information you submit when you subscribe to our newsletter only to send out newsletters. Information on how you access and use our website is only used for analytic purposes, and is generally anonymised;
- SUPPLY – You may supply personal information to us voluntarily, via the contact details and the newsletter sign-up displayed on our website, and you may disable the collection of information on how you access and navigate our website;
- CONSEQUENCES – We may not be able to reply to queries if you refuse to share information with us, and we are not able to send newsletters if you refuse to share your email address with us. Disabling our website tracking scripts may interfere with other functionalities of our website;
- LAW – No laws require that we collect information about you via our website. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 allows us to process information about you, subject to its ‘conditions for lawful processing of personal information’;
- THIRD COUNTRIES – The servers we use to process information about you, are located in South Africa, and managed by xneelo.co.za and springnest.com. Sections 3(1)(b)(i) and 72(1)(a) of the SA Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013, and where applicable when we provide products or services to EU citizens, Chapter 5 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, apply;
- RECIPIENTS – We do not share your personal information with third parties without your explicit consent, other than with Operators that are contracted by us to manage information on our behalf in terms of sections 20 and 21 POPIA. These Operators (may) include admin, accounting and marketing suppliers, and internet service providers. Analytic data is shared with Google, and may include the (anonymised) IP address your device uses to connect to the Internet, device and browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system, page interaction and navigation. YOUR
- RIGHTS – As prescribed in our PAIA Manual, you have the right to request access to information we process about you, and the right to request amendments. If you have reasonable grounds related to your particular situation, you may also object to our processing of your personal information. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at https://inforegulator.org.za/complaints/. Contact the Information Officer If you have any requests or complaints relating to the information we process about you and your access to that information, you may contact our Information Officer William Stephens and our Deputy Information Officer Raino Bolz at [email protected], subject to the conditions listed in our PAIA Manual.
Our Contact Information
Contact information and information about us displayed on our website, is personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, and may not be incorporated into any filing system for any purpose.
- PRIVACY - The content of correspondence, including but not limited to email, fax, and text messages we send to you personally, is never intended for public access – it is intended for the addressee only, and may include protected personal information about us, you, other people or juristic persons. If you are not the intended recipient of such correspondence, do not forward, disseminate or publish its content – doing so may be a violation of data protection regulation. Please notify us and destroy the content. We apologise for any inconvenience, and guarantee to rectify the mistake with immediate effect.
- SECURITY - You accept that no correspondence can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free. We do not accept liability for any errors in its content, or for harm resulting from the unauthorised interception, access, use, publication, dissemination or destruction of its content.
Before we agree to receive personal information from third parties, we require evidence of their compliance with the notification obligations in terms of Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and Section 12(b) of POPIA (for EU citizens) and in terms of Section 18 of POPIA (for all other citizens)
- Cookies are small text files that download onto your device as you access a websites. They are stored and processed by your web browser. In and of themselves, cookies are harmless and serve crucial and useful functions for websites. However, cookies can store a wealth of data, enough to potentially identify you without your consent. Cookies are the primary tool that advertisers use to track your online activity so that they can target you with highly specific ads. Given the amount of data that cookies can contain, they may be considered personal data in certain circumstances and, therefore, subject to POPIA and the GDPR.
- This website should function just fine without its analytics cookies, but you will not be able to access password protected content, or member accounts if you disable all cookies.
- To manage specific cookies only, go to Cookie Settings
- To disable all cookies, you need to change the cookie settings in your browser