Stellenbosch Adventure Shop believes that one should experience South Africa and not just see it. Their carefully designed private tours and itineraries are build around adventures and experiences at destinations they love to visit.
E-Bike Tour: Stellenbosch to Franschhoek
This unique E-Bike tour meanders through some of the best Wineland scenery in South Africa. E-bike from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Meet local people and taste some of the great cuisine this region has to offer.
- Start at 9:00 from the AdventureShop office in Stellenbosch
- Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
- Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
- Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
- Get a chance to spot Eland and Blue Wildebeest as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the Banhoek Conservancy.
- Enjoy lunch and wine tasting on a Franschhoek Wine estate
- Have time to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
- Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle
What to bring
Bring your own cycling pants (gel seats on request)
Water bottle – We are striving to be environmentally friendly and want to cut down on plastic bottles. Free water fountain in the office available to fill up with water, please just bring your own bottle. Aluminium water bottles for sale at office
Comfortable clothes and shoes
Sunscreen and sunglasses
Warm jacket if it is a cool or rainy day
Distance: Approximately 40km
Elevation: Approximately 867m
Road: Mostly jeep track and MTB trails, approximately 15 km of tar road
Ride duration: Approximately 4 hours
R 1 950 per person, which includes:
Mouth watering lunch on a wine estate in Franschhoek
Time to explore Franschhoek
Transport back to Stellenbosch in afternoon.
(Transport to Cape Town can also be arranged at a nominal extra fee)
Private Wine Tour
With this private wine tour you have the opportunity to spend the day with your own local specialist guide in the majestic Winelands of the Western Cape and enjoy great wine and pair it with amazing food.
- Wine tasting on four selected and award winning wine farms
- Get to know historical facts about the Winelands towns during this private wine tour.
- A cellar tour at one of the wine estates visited
- Lunch at a special and scenic wine estate or in the town of Franschhoek/ Stellenbosch, depending on clients preference (lunch on own account)
- Marvelous scenery with historic buildings and places of interest.
Stellenbosch Collection: R 3 150 incl 2 clients
Cape Town Collection: R 3 750 incl 2 clients
R 660 per additional clients after first 2 pax
Included: Transport from door to door, registered tourist guide and wine tasting fees
Excluded: Lunch and drinks
On booking, please advise AdventureShop where they should collect you and also drop you off after the tour. This tour is a great way to get from point A to point B while using the day to the maximum. For example, they can collect you in Cape Town, do the private wine tour and drop you off at your next accommodation venue in Stellenbosch or Franschhoek. Let them know if you have a lot of luggage so they can arrange for a suitable vehicle for the day.