Spoil yourself to a leisurely drive, off the beaten track, in an authentic Old Timer.
For a chauffeur driven trip in Montagu, Route 62 and the Robertson Wine Route, choose between the following American Dream Cars: 1956 Cadillac Sedan De Ville, 1956 De Soto Fireflight Sportsman or 1964 Cadillac Sedan de Ville.
The guided tours, rated as one of the top 3 things to do in Montagu, are custom made to your requirements, with unlimited mileage included.
- Depart from the Montagu Country Hotel. Small intro on what can be expected an experienced on the trip
- Drive through Long Street, showcasing all the national monuments, learning about the history of the village
- Continue through Cogmanskloof, and learn about the geology of the mountains, importance of the rivers, the fauna and flora
- Pass through Ashton, learning about the factories that plays a massive part of the area’s economy
- First wine stop is at Zanvliet, with old concrete tanks converted into Art Gallery, beautiful Cape Dutch homestead, and 3 different Shirazes to sample amongst other great wines. Option for gin tasting as well.
- Next stop is at Excelsior, with tasting done on the dam. Beautiful views on the vineyards, with horses present to show the connection between wine and thoroughbreds in the area. Wine blending a must here, guests can also label the wine made by them, great souvenir
- Last stop, Van Loveren – ideal for normal wine tasting, food and wine pairing, or lunch in Christina’s restaurant. Beautiful garden, lots of family history
- Return to Montagu, if there is still time available, more of Montagu can be explored
The vehicles are charged at R575 per hour and carry up to four people (excluding the driver). This service is subject to the availability of a driver, which will either be Gert Lubbe (Owner of the Hotel) or PJ Basson (General Manager).
+27 (0)23 614 3125 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 27 Bath Street, Montagu, Western Cape